Let’s face it, creativity takes time and in our busy rush here and there lives, there just isn’t always enough hours in the day to plan a project, get all the supplies out and create something wonderful. But that’s all about to change for you. Like it did for me. Let me introduce you to your (possible) new addiction…Chalk Couture. Prepare to have your mind blown.
Chalk Couture is a way to produce home decor with a unique transfer similar to a screen print. Seriously, you can create a sign or other custom decor for your home in less than 5 minutes. And that includes drying time. No lie. No cutting, weeding, transfer tape or struggling with design software.
There are SO many things I love about this product:
- It’s versatile. Chalk Couture isn’t just for chalkboards. This product line can be used on wood, glass, metal, pottery. Even fabric.
- It’s cost-effective. It only takes a small amount of chalk paste and a transfer can be re-used several times if taken care of properly. I have some transfers that I’ve used 10+ times and they’re still going strong.
- It’s virtually fail proof. Three steps: Place, Paste, Peel. Don’t like it? On most surfaces you can just wash it off and do it again.
- Multi part transfers can be cut apart and mix and matched to produce an unlimited amount of unique designs.
- Large selection of chalk paste colors that can also be mixed to create custom colors.
- Water clean up. This is huge when you’re a mess maker like me.
- Options. If you want to do a seasonal chalkboard, you just wash off your design with water and a cloth and re-do it. But, if you love a design and want to keep it, just spray with a matte sealer.
So here’s the deal. I am not a direct sales person. I admire those that have the tenacity to do it, but that’s just not me. And to be honest, when I found out that this was a direct sales company, I almost ran the other way. But when I started asking more questions and found out how easy it was to be a part of Chalk Couture AND save 40% on my product, I couldn’t sign up fast enough. I had no intention of building a team, but that’s exactly what happened. And my team continues to grow every time I share the product and show how incredible it really is.
Chalk Couture is so new that I had a ton of questions when I was first introduced to the company and I’m sure you do too. So let me answer a few that I’m often asked:
1. Are the designs commercially licensed and can I make my own things and sell them?
Absolutely! When you purchase your transfers, you are free to put them on any surface and sell that item through your Etsy shop, at a Crafters Fair, on Facebook, to friends and family. The sky’s the limit. Start that creative business you’ve dreamed of without investing thousands of dollars.
2. So, what’s so cool about this “chalk paste”?
Chalk paste is just that; a thicker paste that comes in a little jar. Since such a thin layer is used, it generally dries to the touch in less than 5 minutes. This means you can rub over your design and it’s not going anywhere unless YOU want it to. When you’re ready to change out the design, just spray with water and wipe it off. No more chalk dust or accidentally rubbing off a design you worked so hard on. Create a design you love and want to keep? No problem. A coat of matte spray sealer and your design becomes permanent. Since you use so little paste on a transfer, one little pot goes a long way. And it comes in so many beautiful colors!
3. How do you clean the transfers?
Transfers clean up with warm water, and a disinfectant wipe. Just rinse, wipe with the disinfectant wipe, lay flat, sticky side up to dry and then put back on the transfer sheet to store.
4. What are the start up costs?
Right now, the starter kit is an affordable $99. The kit contains:
- One magnetic Framed Chalkboard
- One round magnetic white chalkboard
- 3 jars of chalk paste (color will vary)
- 6 silk screen transfers (designs vary)
- chalk couture apron
- one large angled squeegee
- one small squeegee
- 25 thank you cards and starter guide.
All designers must meet $150 Personal Volume (this is your wholesale price, so 40% off retail) every quarter to maintain their status. That comes out to $50 per month and trust me, when you get hooked, that’s not a problem. And the great news is that there are no penalties if you decide this isn’t really your thing. Pretty risk free. How often can you say that about starting a new business?!
As for parties, if the answer to this would have been “YES”, I would have been out of here. So NO, you do NOT have to do parties. The beauty of joining Chalk Couture is that your business is run how YOU want to run it! It’s 100% up to you how to want to work it. Vendor events are really great and the products demonstrate very well. Hosting workshops or selling product that you make yourself are other income avenues that are possible. So many great ideas and there are so many Chalk Couture Independent Designers willing to share how they make the business work for them. It’s a business that works with your schedule, not the other way around. Can you say “Freedom”?
6. If we are all using the same transfers, won’t everyone be making the same design to sell?
Everyone is ALREADY making the same designs!! Everywhere you look, you’ll see the popular “Gather” or “Farmhouse” signs. We love them. But with the versatility of Chalk Couture, YOU make it unique. By combining transfers, choosing unique colors and layouts, you put your own creativity into what you’re making. There are so many amazing designs to mix and match. I did 4 Build a Snowman workshops and in over 30 participants, no two designs were the same. And we were all using the same transfer!
I hope that answers a few questions.
I know this was an absolute GAME CHANGER for me and my creative business. If you want to email me for more info please do, but if you’re sold and want to join me in this journey, visit wrensnest.chalkcouture.com and hit the “join” button in the upper right corner. You’ll be joining a team of like-minded creative sorts and I’ll be there to support you all the way.
Come Chalk with me!