One of my favorite comfort things is a good cup of tea. These buttery shortbread cookies are the perfect sidekick. Not too sweet and with only 3 ingredients, this quick and easy cookie is sure to become a favorite. Yummmm…..so good!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 1/4 cups flour (reserve 1/4 cup to flour your surface for kneading)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in four and blend well. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead well (the warmth of your hands makes the dough stick together).
- Cut into 2 inch by 1 inch strips or use your favorite cookie cutter dusted with flour to prevent sticking. Place 1 inch apart on an un-greased parchment lined baking sheets. Prick cookies with a fork.
- Bake at 300F for 25 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pans to a wire rack.
- Because ovens can vary, keep an eye on your baking time. For a softer cookie, reduce your cook time. A little longer cook time with give you a crisp cookie.